Cookies and Privacy
Privacy & Cookies
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons:
1. We need to collect personal information about your health in orde to provide you with the best possible treatment, your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. you can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
2. We have a "Legitimate Interest" in collecting that inforamtion, because without it we couldn't do our job effectively and safely.
3. It is also important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to try to reschedule missed or cancelled appointments.
4. Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice, newsletters or special offers. You may withdraw this consent at any time
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment, but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish.
Your records are stored:
On paper, in locked filing cabinets, and the offices are always locked and alarmed out of working hours
On our office computers, using specalist medical records service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected.
We will never share your data with anyone who doies not need access without your written consent. Only the following people have routine access to your data:
• The medical records service who store and process our files
• Your practitioners in order that they can provide you with treatment
• Our reception staff, because they organise our practitioners' diaries, and coordinate appointments
• We also use Webmail to coordinate our messages, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
Yor have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct and factual errors.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain to the Data Controller:
The Ashford Back & Wellness Centre, Barrow Hill, Maidstone Road, Ashford, TN24 8RL
What are Cookies?
Cookies are little files created by websites to help them store information about your visit on your computer. They act as a kind of short term memory.
New UK regulations coming into force in May 2012 require that you get a say whether or not a website can create these cookies.
The information gathered by these cookies is totally anonymous and is not shared with any third party organisations, including Google themselves. This information cannot be used for promotional, advertising or customisational purposes.
If you would rather that analytical cookies were disabled on this (and any other website that you visit) you can download and install a free plugin for your browser here.