Headaches and Migraine Prevention
We have seen many patients over the years who report migraines and headaches more than a few times per week and it's surprising that so many of them say, “ . . .but that's just me.” This is often because they have come to accept regular migraines and headaches as part of their normal life - sometimes taking heavy pain killing drugs to cover the symptoms.
There are many types of headaches and it is important to find the cause of the problem. Pain killing drugs will only stop the message telling you something is wrong, it's a little like a fire starting in your house and taking the battery out of the smoke alarm instead of putting out the fire.
It is important that the cause is found and corrected.
What Is The Common Cause of Headaches & Migraines?
The nerves in the top of the neck have a direct link to the nerves that supply the head and face. If the joints in the neck misalign they can irritate or put pressure on the nerves, which in turn can create cervicogenic headaches.
Poor posture & lifestyle habits can create problems with the shape of the neck. Your neck should be in a 34-42 degree arc. Many people lose this curve and as a result abnormal pressure can be put onto the joints and nerves. This can result in cervicogenic headaches and migraines.
Chiropractors don't claim to 'treat' headaches and migraines, as this is the body's way to expressing an underlying health issue. Rather Chiropractors look to the structure of the spine in relation to the nervous system. The pictures below show patients before Chiropractic treatment with a lack of curve in the neck and after Chiropractic treatment with an improvement in the curve. Correcting the underlying structural problems gets to the cause of the pain, rather than just treating the symptoms with medication.
To help find that cause we offer:
· A Private Consultation with the Chiropractor
· A Thorough Examination including Neurological,
Orthopaedic & Blood Pressure Tests
· X-Rays, if necessary
· A Verbal Report of our Findings and thorough Explanation
of the X-Rays
After which you should know more about your body and the problems you are experiencing than you ever have before. Whether you go ahead with treatment as always is entirely your decision.
Call TODAY for an Appointment.
'Headaches and Migraine Prevention' in the News
Provided by Google News
- Best supplements for migraines: Four vitamins and minerals to take instead of painkillers - Express - 14 Feb 2019
- OnabotulinumtoxinA Improves Outcomes in Chronic Migraine With or Without Allodynia - Clinical Pain Advisor - 15 Feb 2019
- Erenumab in migraine: Indication of considerable added benefit for certain patients: Successful prophylaxis if other drug treatment options have been exhausted - Science Daily - 07 Feb 2019
- Migraine Overview and Summary of Current and Emerging Treatment Options - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - 24 Jan 2019
- Migraine and Alcohol: Encouraging a Healthy Balance of Indulgence and Vigilance - Neurology Advisor - 23 Jan 2019