Headaches and Migraine Prevention
We have seen many patients over the years who report migraines and headaches more than a few times per week and it's surprising that so many of them say, “ . . .but that's just me.” This is often because they have come to accept regular migraines and headaches as part of their normal life - sometimes taking heavy pain killing drugs to cover the symptoms.
There are many types of headaches and it is important to find the cause of the problem. Pain killing drugs will only stop the message telling you something is wrong, it's a little like a fire starting in your house and taking the battery out of the smoke alarm instead of putting out the fire.
It is important that the cause is found and corrected.
What Is The Common Cause of Headaches & Migraines?
The nerves in the top of the neck have a direct link to the nerves that supply the head and face. If the joints in the neck misalign they can irritate or put pressure on the nerves, which in turn can create cervicogenic headaches.
Poor posture & lifestyle habits can create problems with the shape of the neck. Your neck should be in a 34-42 degree arc. Many people lose this curve and as a result abnormal pressure can be put onto the joints and nerves. This can result in cervicogenic headaches and migraines.
Chiropractors don't claim to 'treat' headaches and migraines, as this is the body's way to expressing an underlying health issue. Rather Chiropractors look to the structure of the spine in relation to the nervous system. The pictures below show patients before Chiropractic treatment with a lack of curve in the neck and after Chiropractic treatment with an improvement in the curve. Correcting the underlying structural problems gets to the cause of the pain, rather than just treating the symptoms with medication.
To help find that cause we offer:
· A Private Consultation with the Chiropractor
· A Thorough Examination including Neurological,
Orthopaedic & Blood Pressure Tests
· X-Rays, if necessary
· A Verbal Report of our Findings and thorough Explanation
of the X-Rays
After which you should know more about your body and the problems you are experiencing than you ever have before. Whether you go ahead with treatment as always is entirely your decision.
Call TODAY for an Appointment.
'Headaches and Migraine Prevention' in the News
Provided by Google News
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated - 21 May 2018
- FDA Approves First Drug Designed to Prevent Migraines - New York Times - 17 May 2018
- FDA approves first drug to prevent chronic migraines - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - 21 May 2018
- US regulators approve the first migraine-prevention drug that is set to transform headache treatment - Daily Mail - 18 May 2018
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 3-US FDA approves Amgen drug for prevention of migraines - Reuters UK - 18 May 2018